50 Thank You Email Subject Lines
A subscription or purchase isn’t the only occasion to thank your customers – there are many reasons you might be grateful and willing to demonstrate appreciation. Sufficient info on reasons to reach out, main components of a good thank you letter and how to write one is given in this article - Why and When: How to Write a Thank You Email.
And below we’ll focus on best thank you email subject lines and take a look at the corresponding thank you letter examples.
Thank you for signing up & welcome
- Welcome to the Gang!
- You’re on the list. Welcome to NYCgo
- Thanks for connecting with us!
- Hello there — thank you for signing up!
- Congrats, Your Sign-Up Was Successful! Here's a Special Gift, from Us to You
- Thanks for Joining Our Flock!
- Good things to come
- Congratulations, You're Now on The Coach Email List
- Welcome to a world of adventure
- You've scored a code
- You're on the list!
- You're in good company
- Thanks for having great taste
Thanks for your support
- Let's Do It Again | Travel + Leisure's #1 Resort Hotel in California
- You showed up in a big way
- Because of you, we’re donating $300,000
- Thanks for helping us
- Thanks for making Litmus Live Boston awesome!
- Thank You for an Amazing Year
- Thank you for this incredible year!
- Last Chance: A 20% Off Thank You
- Not A Marketing Email
- July Newsletter: Milestones and More
- You’re one in a million
- We think you’re 1 in 10 million. Here’s some free Trello Gold
- It's National Small Business Week and we're celebrating you
- Big News and Bigger Thanks
- Bundle Up
- Thanks for a super fly 2016! Our annual report + free tees
All tools to create and send automated emails
Thanks for being a loyal customer
- Fancy a treat on your birthday
- Thank you for using LendingTree in 2020!
- 1 Million Photos Later
- With Gratitude
- Postcards From Your Adventurous Lives
- Fitbit is 10: A note from our founders
- A special surprise to say thank you
- Thank you for six great years
- Just a thank you note (and a 30% off coupon)
- You’re the best!
- Thank you for being a part of our journey
- Tell us what you think!
- Holiday Thanks
- ❤️Featuring YOU: Happy Thanksgiving From Brandless!
- This gift is to thank you
Thanks for your interest
- Thanks for dropping by!
- Your thank-you code is waiting
- Thanks for staying!
- Thanks for your purchase!
- Thanks for your recent review
- Your Feet Say Thank You
Email Subject Line A/B Testing
Of course, when writing a thank you note to clients, the first thing to keep in mind is your audience, the established communication pattern, and the occasion. The subject line Thanks, folks! You rock! may be applicable for a teenage apparel retailer but look strange when sent by a five-star hotel or a health insurance.
Another method to detect effective subject lines, aside from common sense and creativity, is split testing. Your own opinion may be subjective but the stats doesn’t lie. So in case your email open rate has been recently falling down, or you feel you need an outside perspective, consider running an A/B test.
The process doesn’t require much effort or technical knowledge. For example, in the eSputnik system, you can set unlimited numbers of variants (although we wouldn’t recommend more than two) and check which one your subscriber would like the most.
The test result with all the necessary metrics is given in the email campaign report, and the winning variant is labeled with a star.
For more information, see our support article How to Test Email Subject Lines.
Top 10 Thank You Email Examples
… and why we like them
A good subject line can generate opens; clicks, however, are generated by good content. Take a look at the below examples to get inspiration for your future thank you letters.
1. Subject line: Postcards From Your Adventurous Lives.
Why: customer photos give a sense of belonging to a big like-minded community.
2. Subject line: Not A Marketing Email.
Why: the message corresponds to the title – not a single CTA inside.
3. Subject line: Thank you for six great years.
Why: fun copy.
4. Subject line: You’re the best!
Why: eye-friendly graphics hierarchy, no much text, original congrats.
5. Subject line: Holiday Thanks?
Why: promoted product resonates with the occasion.
6. Subject line: 1.5 Million Donated! Thank you!
Why: cute video with kids (but the copy definitely requires splitting into paragraphs).
7. Subject line: Langley Printed Rug – Thanks for Taking a Look!
Why: they know how to use fonts and white space.
8. Subject line: Our first 50 Million.
Why: designers from Rothy’s have mastered the gradient – one of 2020 color trends.
9. Subject line: These reviews give us all the feels.
Why: rather original reason to reach out.
10. Subject line: 2019 Year in Review... oh the places we've been.
Why: report + social proof + customer appreciation in one email.
And the logical end to the article on thank you subject lines would be saying thank you for your interest and time. See you around.