How to Add or Change a Sender Name
Use different sender names to separate different types of emails and let subscribers filter your messages (promos, blog newsletters, triggered emails, etc.).
This approach also helps relate the brand with a specific person. For example, send important news on behalf of CEO, and digest newsletters on behalf of the blog editor.
In the system, you can add or change a sender in two ways:
- in the email editor;
- in personal settings.
How to Add a Sender in the Email Editor
1. Go to Messages > Messages and click any email.
2. Click Subject line and then click + New sender.
3. Enter a new sender name and a corporate email address and click Add. You will see a pop-up confirming that a verification email was sent to your address.
Note: for commercial campaigns, you can use only a corporate address that uses your company domain name. This is an official requirement by email service providers and email clients which also affects your email deliverability.
4. Go to your Inbox, open the confirmation email and confirm a new sender name.
5. Click Subject line again and select the necessary name from a drop-down menu.
How to Add a Sender in Personal Settings
1. Go to your personal account > Settings > Senders and click Add sender.
2. Enter a new sender name and a corporate email address and click Add.
3. A confirmation email will be sent to the entered address. Open it and confirm a new sender name. After confirmation, the sender status will be changed from Awaiting confirmation to Available.
4. Click Subject line again and select the necessary name from a drop-down menu.
In Reply to, Not specified is set by default, but you can select the sender name and subscribers’ replies will be sent to the corresponding email address.