Main mCommerce Trends Report 2020: The Future of Mobile Marketing
Cambridge Dictionary defines m-commerce as the business of buying and selling goods and services on the internet using a mobile phone. The term first appeared in 1997, but it’s been the last several years when it went viral. The origin of such hype is rather simple: the role smartphones play in our lives is getting overwhelming.
Get For Free
To give you a better idea of how big the scale of this expansion is, let’s look at the following m-commerce statistics:
According to The Email Client Experience (May 2016 - April 2017)
- 55% of emails are opened on mobile devices compared to 29 percent in 2012;
- 28% of emails are opened on browsers compared to 37% in 2012;
- 16% of emails are opened on desktop email compared to 34% in 2012.
According to 2019 PEW RESEARCH CENTER’S TRENDS PANEL (July 8 - July 21, 2019)
- 57% of users prefer to read news compared to 21% in 2013;
- 30% of users read news on a desktop.
According to Mobile banking in the U.S. by Statista (2018-2019)
- 57m use mobile banking in the U.S.;
- 75% use mobile banking on the couch;
- 57% access financial services via a PC or laptop.
According to Wolfgang E-commerce Report 2019 (July 2017 - June 2018)
- 53% of traffic (Retail, Multi-Channel, Travel, Online Only) are generated by mobile devices compared to 37% by desktop and 10% by tablet;
- 32% of revenue are generated by mobile devices compared to 56% by desktop and 12% by tablet.
No need to be a qualified researcher to see the tendency. The smartphone usage is growing rapidly, expanding its functions and purposes, and new types of mobile commerce are emerging on a regular basis.
Having researched numerous reports and opinions by industry leaders, we have put up our mCommerce Trends Report 2020, providing an exclusive insight into how mCommerce technologies will be impacting nearly every business in the upcoming year.
Get For Free
What's in the Report?
- Reason why mCommerce will continue thriving;
- Next target audiences;
- AMP technology as a new big thing for digital marketing;
- How latest solutions by Google shape the market;
- Why voice search optimization may be crucial to reach wider audience, etc.