Email Marketing Ideas for St. Patrick's Day
Whether it’s Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day or any other occasion, holiday-themed email marketing campaigns can benefit any type of business. Holiday emails are a great way to connect with your customers by offering themed discounts, promo codes or speciality products.
The best thing about holidays like St. Paddy’s Day is that they don’t impose the sentimental struggle of the big holidays. St Patrick’s Day is a fun time and a good excuse to meet with friends for a beer or two. Which gives marketers a great opportunity to try out new fun ideas.
Don’t be afraid to try something new and join in for the celebration! Below, we’ve put together the best email subject lines, email examples, and tips for your St. Patrick’s Day email marketing strategy.
- Go green for St. Patrick’s Day
- Use St. Patrick’s Day-themed emojis
- Bring in the good luck
- Build your content around St. Patrick’s Day
- Offer discount deals
- Join in the fun
On St. Paddy’s, the color green dominates the landscape, from decorations to food and drinks to green clothing and accessories. It’s a day when you can play around with all things green, for instance, offer discounts for green products you have in stock.
- Today Only 40% OFF Entire Site, Green Friday Sale@Amiclubwear.com — Get your Green for St. Patricks Day!!!🍀🍀🍀 — Amiclubwear.com
- Free Shipping + 15% off + Shop Irish Drums and Green Gear for St Patricks Day. — Cascio Interstate Music
- This St. Patrick’s Day, EAT GREEN and save green. — Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes
- Celebrate St. Patrick ’s Day! Save some green with great deals! — BrylaneHome
- Here’s 20% off. Get your green on by St. Patty’s Day. — Redbubble
- We’re Seeing Green (In the Best Way Possible) — Diamond Nexus
- Get ready for St. Patricks Day — Celebrate in Green — Heatons
- It’s Time to Get Your Green On + Save $20! — Party City
- At up to 67% off, save some green on — comiXology
- We’re Going Green For St. Patrick’s Day! — Zales
- 15% Off Everything Green...— JOY
- WE’VE GOT GREEN — M. Moose
Emojis make it easy for customers to spot your St. Patrick’s Day email offers in their Inbox. Here’s where you can use emojis like 💚 green heart, ☘ shamrock, 🍀 four leaf clover, 🍺 beer mug, 🍻 clinking beer mugs and 🌈 rainbow emoji, just to name a few.
- 🍸🍺 St Patrick celebrates the union between Guinness & Jameson 🍸🍺 — Wishbeer
- ☘️ 17% Off Coupon Inside — Happy St. Patrick’s Day! — Barnes & Noble
- 🍀 St. Patrick’s Day Packers Style! + 20% off — Packers Pro Shop
- 🍀 Have a Shamrocking St. Patrick’s Day! — Template Monster
- 🍀 This Might Just Be Your Lucky Day... 🍀 — Dollar Tree
- St. Patrick’s Day SAVINGS! 🍀 — Godiva Chocolatier
- St. Paddy’s Day picks 🍀 — Yummly
If you’re already using the eSputnik’s email template editor, you can easily add emojis to your emails without copying them from elsewhere. The editor will provide you with a set of emoji supported by the majority of platforms and email clients — just don’t forget to preview the email before sending.
Another great idea to start off with your St. Patrick’s Day email marketing campaigns is to share a bit of luck with your subscribers. Luck comes in all forms: do a giveaway, run a lucky draw, or tell customers it’s their lucky day to get a discount.
- St. Patricks Day Exclusive: Win a New Keurig K145 Bundle Plus Take 10% Off Sitewide — CoffeeForLess
- PANDORA St. Patrick’s Day Picks are Here — Lucky You! — Elisa Ilana Custom Designs
- Lucky You! Our 74% OFF St. Patrick’s Day Sale is Unlocked! — Adorama Camera
- LUCK OF THE DRAW | Draw a Lucky Clover and Save! — gravitypope
- ENDS TOMORROW | Draw a Lucky Clover and Save! — gravitypope
- What’s Your Lucky Secret Savings? Click to See! — Hartstrings
- Get Lucky email@example.com! Open for XX% OFF — Hartstrings
- Lucky Leprechaun Loot! Ties Start at Just $17 — Beau Ties
- Lucky you! Our St Patricks Day Special is on... — Curvissa
- Your Lucky Day — 15% Off Coupon! — PetMountain
- You’re about to feel lucky — Nautica
No matter what type of industry you’re in, try looking for some holiday-themed content for your St. Patrick’s Day emails. Share holiday-related posts, spark your subscribers’ curiosity with St. Patrick’s Day puns or offer solutions to where and how they can celebrate.
- No shenanigans! 30% off everything for 6 hours. — Old Pueblo Traders
- St. Patrick’s Day is just around the clover! — Packers Pro Shop
- don’t drink guinness in pants — Chubbies Shorts
- Hey HOU! Here’s Where to Celebrate St. Patrick’s — Houston Press
- St. Patricks Day Jerseys worn during warmups now available on NHL Auctions — NHL.com
- Enjoy a FREE Guinness with your roast to celebrate St Patrick — Toby Carvery
- St. Patrick’s Day Accessories Starting at 99¢! — Party City
- St. Patrick’s Day is Friday! Shop & Save $20! — Party City
- St. Patricks Day Gear For All Your Teams! — FansEdge
- Send Flowers For St. Patrick’s Day! — Aaron’s Flowers
- A Morgan’s Festival Menu Fit for St. Patrick — La Quinta Resort
- Shop Our New 2017 Spring Catalog! — Dollar Tree
- Unique Jewelry for Your Spring Events — Brighton
- Top of the wine to you — Bottlenotes
- Get Ready for Spring! — Guideposts
- St Patricks Day at Foyleside Shopping Centre — Foyleside
- St. Patricks Day Scramble — Knollwood Golf Course
- Auroras Showing the St. Patricks Day Spirit | New Dream Chaser Debuts | 9 Must See Stargazing Events — Space.com
- St. Patrick’s Day | Trace Your Ancestry | New Season of ’Dr. Oakley’ — National Geographic Store
- Shamrock Shake-Up: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes For Every Lucky Leprechaun — Martha Stewart
- Experiment of the Week — St. Patrick’s Day Science — Steve Spangler Science
- The Best-Ever Shamrock Shake & More Copycat Favorites — ￼Work It, Mom!
- 3 Layered Brownie Recipes + 5 Ways to Spike Your Hot Chocolate — Relish
- St. Patrick’ s Day Favorites: 15 Classic Irish Recipes — BetterRecipes.com
- Drive The Snakes Out- Message From St. Patrick! — 123 Greetings
- Extra Napkins Are Definitely Required — Just A Pinch Recipes
- 20 Beer-Infused Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day — Relish
- A St. Patrick’s Day Special Feature — Guideposts
- 16 Crafts You Haven’t Seen — AllFreeKidsCrafts
- 30+ St. Pat’s Day Party Recipes — Tablespoon
- St. Patrick’s Day Snacks and Treats — Parents
- The Slave Who Saved Ireland — PJ Media
Since there isn’t much of the buying-and-giving hassle for Saint Patrick’s Day, there’s no need to put much decision-making pressure on your subscribers. Offer your readers to save a penny or two by purchasing from you, rather than rushing them with countdowns and time-limited offers.
- New NAMM Guitars + Irish Bodhrans for St. Patricks Day + 10% Extra Savings! — Cascio Interstate Music
- PARTY ON 🎉 30% OFF EVERYTHING — Victoria’s Secret
- Enjoy 17% OFF | Happy St. Patrick’s Day! — Laura from Doggyloot
- Happy St. Patricks Day! 20% Off Continues — Prep Sportswear
- St. Patricks Day sale starts today! — Rugs USA
- Get 20% off. Make this the St. Pattyest St. Patty’s Day ever. — Redbubble
- Happy St Patricks Day! 17% off + Free Shipping + Irish Instruments. — Cascio Interstate Music
- Free Clothing And Shoes For You To Review No Purchase Necessary Plus 50% Off St Patricks Day Sale! — Amiclubwear.com
- St Patricks Day Sale. 25% — 50% Off Top Styles — International Jock
- St. Patrick Day Sale 50% off + Free Shipping. 24 Hrs Only — Global Eyeglasses
- 20% off this St Patrick’s Day! — CharGrilled UK
- Save $250 Off your order instantly during our St Patricks Day Sale — Price Point
- 10% Off St Patricks Day Party! — Peeks
Every day is a good day to try and establish closer connections with your target audience, and St. Paddy’s day is just another great opportunity to do so. Even if you don’t feel like sending a dedicated St. Patrick’s Day email, try throwing in a simple ‘Happy St. Patrick’s Day’ greeting to your regular newsletter.
- READ IN — sponsored by American Health Care Association — Budget week arrives; Israeli polls close at 4pm E.T.; Corker expects Iran markup next week; more trouble for Schock; and happy St. Patrick’s Day! — Washington Post
- Happy St. Patricks Day from Craghoppers — Craghoppers
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day — Knollwood Golf Course
- Happy St. Patricks Day! — ELF
St. Patrick’s Day is a great holiday to add to your email marketing calendar. It's not much of a gift-giving occasion, but rather another reason for people to celebrate and treat themselves. St. Patty’s day comes packed with good luck charms and all things green and Irish, and so should your emails.
Wishing you lots of luck and a successful Saint Patrick’s Day! Don’t forget to rate this post if it has been helpful to you, and feel free to share your lucky email marketing tips in the comments below!