130+ Best Valentine’s Day Email Subject Lines
From Christmas to Halloween, from Boxing Day to Cyber Monday, all holiday-themed marketing campaigns are actually pretty much alike. Saint Valentine’s Day email marketing is no exception. Entrepreneurs and marketers are looking for more than gifts to their significant others. They also have to invent and adopt new ideas for their Valentine’s Day marketing strategy and maximize ROI in the high season of love.
Below we share some tips on how to create catchy subject lines for Valentine’s Day email campaigns, with a list of Valentine’s Day subject lines collected from a wide variety of eCommerce industries and brands.
1. Offer deals and discounts.
No matter how much we love them, holidays can be stressful, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Love is priceless, but gifts have a price tag. In your Valentine’s Day emails, give your customers a sweet incentive to buy from you, a gift or a discount.
- VALENTINES DAY SALE | Think Outside the Chocolate Box — GearBest.
- Love the Weekend with 20% Off Valentine’s Day Styles! — Peter Alexander.
- 50% OFF Annual Plans Today. Because We Love You — Grammarly.
- Gifts to make them ☺ - up to 50% off Photo Books — PhotoBox.
- Up to 70% Off in Our Valentine’s Day Gift Shops — Gilt.
- Never-before-seen kits (and they’re 30% off) — bareMinerals.
- Enjoy 14% OFF | Happy Valentine’s Day! — Laura from Doggyloot.
- We think 20% off is a hot little number — feelunique.com.
- Be mine! 20% Off Storewide Today — Peter Alexander.
- Enjoy 25% off all food until Friday — ASK Italian Restaurants.
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Savings! — Drs. Foster and Smith.
- Tools we ♥ Reveal our final deal — Axminster Power Tool Centre.
- Fall in Love with Great Savings — Belk.com.
- Online Valentine Deals to Love — Jared The Galleria of Jewelry.
- Valentine’s Day deals don’t end — Glambot.com.
- ❤ Clearance! ❤ — Paper Source.
If you have a special gift to give to your beloved customers, don’t rush off to reveal the details in the subject line. Simply mentioning the gift in your Valentine’s Day email promotions may do wonders to the open rate.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! A Gift from eChemist just for you — 14% off all products, 3 days only! Shop now! — eChemist.
- Valentine’s Day Savings — Free Camera Strap and 15% off Camera Bags! — Lomography.
- Make a date with our sexy new styles + free gift over $60! — b.tempt’d Lingerie.
- Love perks: $15 Reward Card with $75 purchase online. — Victoria’s Secret.
- Exclusive FREE lookfantastic Gift Inside + 20% Off — lookfantastic.
- Here’s a FREE MONTH! Will You Be Our Valentine? — Hulu Plus.
- Sending ❤️: 40% off + a Valentine’s Day treat — Banana Republic.
2. Make things intriguing.
Another way to spark subscribers’ interest: don’t put everything on the table. In your Valentine’s Day subject line, give out just enough information to draw in your audience and drive readers to open your email immediately.
- “All you need is love. But a little shopping doesn’t hurt.” — Dorothy Perkins.
- ❤️ This 5-Piece Set Is A PERFECT Valentine’s Day Gift! — AVON.
- Will You..? Valentine’s Day Sunday 14 February — Cotton On.
- V is for Valentine (plus VERY secret savings) — Kenneth Cole.
- Something special for your Valentine... — Bentalls Kingston.
- 14.02 IN LOVE WITH JEROME — Probka.
- Love recognizes no barriers ? — Chronicle Books.
- How would you like to play it? — All Star Lanes.
- This is Not a Valentine ? — Chronicle Books.
- Remember the first time? — Cirque Club.
- The Perfect Love Story... — Wool Overs.
- VALENTINE’S DAY! — BUY-BY-ME.RU.
- Better Than Candy — Michael Kors.
Create irresistible Valentine's Day emails
3. Leverage the “fear of missing out” factor.
Make sure to mention that there’s a time limit for your Valentine’s Day promotions, and encourage readers to grab that opportunity before it’s too late.
- Only 3 Days Left To Shop Online for Valentines + Free EXPRESS Delivery on orders $100+ — Peter Alexander.
- Ending tomorrow: 14% for Valentine’s Day + discover Colourblock Styles! — ESPRIT News.
- LAST CHANCE! Shop Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts in Boutiques — Godiva Chocolatier.
- Happy Valentines Day from Cascio! Enjoy 14% off Today Only! — Cascio Interstate Music.
- Love is all around. 15% OFF Full Priced Styles. Ends Tomorrow! — Peter Alexander.
- Don’t miss our HALF PRICE bestsellers — from only £20! — Cotton Traders.
- ♥ Get 14% Off EVERYTHING Ends In 6 Hours — Feel The Love ♥ — Attitude Clothing.
- Valentine’s day Surprise Inside! Only 2 more Days to Claim. — Utsav Fashion.
- Get it quick! 20% Off Valentines + Free Express on $150+ — Peter Alexander.
- 15% Off Skin For 3 Days Only + Free Beauty Vouchers — feelunique.com.
- ♥ Final Chance to get your V-Day gifts + up to 72% off ♥ — PhotoBox.
- Last Chance for FREE Valentine’s Day Eye Candy — Origins Natural Skincare.
- 14% Bonus ending today! Happy Valentines Day! — ESPRIT News.
- There’s STILL Time! Order By 2 PM ET TODAY! — Zales.
- 14% off exclusively today on Valentine’s Day — Hiho Silver Jewellery.
- Love is... 15% off the collection. Today only! — Isabella Oliver.
- It’s Not Too Late to Win Valentine’s Day! — Kay Jewelers.
- There’s Still Time for Your Valentine! — Brilliant Earth.
- Today only: Free shipping + 14% off — Monki.
- Extra 30% off today online only! — JCPenney.
- Come In Store TODAY, Cupid — Brighton.
- Last chance for 30% off ? ? — Chronicle Books.
- There’s still time, Valentine! — Debenhams UK.
- I heart 25% off! 3 days only. — Cotton On.
4. Share gift guides.
It’s always a good idea to segment your contact list by their purchase history, browsing behavior or gender. This will allow you to fine-tune your content to the needs of each specific audience. However, if you don’t have such luxury at the moment, provide your audience with multiple options to choose from, using multiple call-to-action buttons. Such as, “Gifts for Him” vs “Gifts for Her”, or “Buy a Gift” vs “Treat Yourself”.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Boutiques Open Late Today for Last Minute Gifts — Godiva Chocolatier.
- Need Last-Minute Valentine’s Gifts? Our Stores are Open Late! — Godiva Chocolatier.
- Two treats are better than one... ❤ | Shop Valentine’s Day — Fortnum & Mason.
- £126 B&B — This Valentine’s. Come on, they’ll love you for it... — The Celtic Manor Resort.
- Don’t forget your Valentine + FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING! — Fresh.
- Shop the Valentine’s Gift your loved one really wants... — Fortnum & Mason.
- Our shops are open late for last-minute Valentines! — See’s Candies.
- 30% off Valentine’s Day picks for everyone you ❤️ — J. Crew
- ❤ Melt hearts this Valentine’s Day at ASK Italian ❤ — ASK Italian Restaurants.
- Presenting Our 2017 Valentine’s Day Gift Guide ? — YogiApproved.
- The Valentine’s gifts to give and receive this year — Debenhams UK.
- Need Gift Ideas for Your Special Someone? — Belk.com.
- Love Me... Love Me Not ? Valentine picks — Attitude Clothing.
- This Valentine’s Day, make a statement — CHANEL.
- Shop our Valentine’s Day Gift Guide — Liberty.co.uk.
- Valentine’s Day Gifts For Him & Her — Clearwater Hampers.
- Give Something Close to Her Heart — Belk.com.
- Can’t Find a Cupid-Approved Gift? — Belk.com
- Spread the LOVE — Starting at $28! — Elisa Ilana Custom Designs.
- ❤️ It’s perfect for your Valentine ❤️ — Bonefish Grill.
- A Tiffany Gift for Your Valentine — Tiffany & Co.
- Jewelry Gifts for your Valentine — Gaelsong.
- Save On Cupid-Approved Gifts — Belk.com.
- Just for them | Free engraving — Links of London.
- Show Them You Love Them — Rococo Chocolates.
- The Perfect Valentines Gift — The Jewelry Exchange.
- Gifts for Him, Gifts for Her — Hotel Chocolat UK.
- Give them some sugar — Winc.
- ❤ V-Day buys ❤ — ASOS.
5. Help set the mood.
Valentine’s Day is not only about gifts. It’s also all about spending time and sharing memories with a significant other. Enhance your Valentine’s Day emails with ideas to help your customers on their quest for a perfect V-Day experience.
- Inside EBONY: Feb #EBONYLove Issue Sneak Peek, Superwomen of Black Panther & Valentine’sDay Playlist — EBONY Magazine.
- Remember What the Beatles say about Love? Listen & Happy Valentine’s Day! — Tidebuy.
- ? Treat a loved one this Valentine’s Day ? £24.95 for any 3 courses & fizz — Prezzo Restaurants.
- Try our Tastes of the Season menu! | Valentine’s Day Specials — Table Table.
- FJB Hotels: Valentine’s Weekend Packages ? — FJB Hotels.
- Toast your love with a bottle of fizz for just £10! — Table Table.
- Valentine’s at Prezzo | Romance & Bubbles — Prezzo Restaurants.
- Flirt with flavours this Valentines Day — ASK Italian Restaurants.
- Fall in love with our Valentine’s menu! — ASK Italian Restaurants.
- Book now for Valentine’s Day at Beefeater! — Beefeater Grill.
- What you doing for Valentine’s? — Brewers Fayre.
- Oops... what are you doing for Valentine’s again? — Brewers Fayre.
- Make Pizza Hut Your Valentine — Pizza Hut.
- Book Valentine’s Day with us! — Table Table.
- Enjoy Valentine’s Day with us! — Table Table.
- February fun at the Mart! — The Brentwood Country Mart.
- Half Term Family Fun — Reading Arts.
6. Offer readers to treat themselves.
Remember that Valentine’s Day is not only about romantic love. It also celebrates friendships, family, confidence and all the simple things that make people happy. Try making your customers the center of your Valentine’s Day email marketing campaigns and offer them something they personally would love. How do you know what your customers would truly like? Keep track of your users’ behavior on the website and across your other marketing channels — this will enable you to personalize your recommendations to each particular customer.
- Love your Self(ie) with Peter’s New Collection + 20% Off Valentine’s Day Styles! — Peter Alexander.
- Outfits for your little Valentine ♥ Flat 35% OFF ♥ Premium Carnival — FirstCry Offers.
- You’re sweet. Here’s 30% off for Valentine’s Day ? — Chronicle Books.
- You deserve it...FREE V-Day Bag & Lotion ? — Victoria’s Secret.
- Celebrate being in Love with your little One! — Boutiques at FirstCry.
- Just for You | £30 off Valentine’s Day gifts — Links of London.
- Do You Have Your Valentines Day Dress? — Jones New York.
- Exclusive Valentine’s Inside Just for U! — Dolls Kill.
- ? Exclusively for you... — Victoria’s Secret.
7. Send love and congratulations.
Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show your appreciation to customers and prospects. Even a simple greeting message can help you establish closer connections with your audience, remind them of your brand and spread the good Valentine’s vibes.
- Happy Valentines Day From The Jewelry Exchange — The Jewelry Exchange.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, From Our ? To Yours! — Zales.
- Happy Valentine’s Day from Barnes & Noble — Barnes & Noble.
- Happy Valentine’s Day From Ice.com! — Ice.com.
- We love our guests all year round! — Hallmark Hotels.
- Sending all the X’s + O’s to you. ? — Three Potato Four.
- Happy Valentines Day! We ❤ you — Handbag Heaven.
- Happy Valentines Day! — Johnny Cupcakes.
- Will You Be Our Valentine? — Wedgwood.
- Will you be our Valentine? — Table Table.
- Be Our Valentine! — FATZ.
- We ❤️ you — Beauty Bay.
8. Use emojis.
Valentine’s Day email subject lines and emojis seem like a match made in heaven. A picture is often worth a thousand words. That said, consider the effect emojis will have on your audience. Too many generic hearts and kissy faces may turn away potential buyers. Think about the unique message you want to deliver in your Valentine’s Day subject line and find a matching emoji to spruce it up.
- ❤️Send Your “Love Bunny” an Annie’s Valentine & Enter to Win a Sweet Bunny Prize Pack! — Annie’s.
- This Magic Dress Looks Good on EVERYONE! 😍😍😍 — Amy Miraflor.
- It’s the Day of Love and Last Day of Sale! 😍 — Utsav Fashion.
- 💘5 ways to use red, pink, and purple in your packaging inspiration — Packlane.
- Ideas for Valentines ✈️ — Alternative Airlines.
- 💋 This months bestsellers 💋 — Yoga Rebel.
- ❤️Layered in Love❤️ — Evy's Tree.
- The Valentine's Collection is Here! ❌ ⭕️ — Luca & Danni.
Finding the best Valentine’s Day email marketing strategy and the most effective subject lines for your holiday-themed emails is a challenge only you can tackle. Use the above list to inspire your own Valentine’s Day emails, considering the unique needs and wants of your customers and the nature of your business. Collect the detailed data about your customers and prospects and put it to action to segment the audience and personalize your content.
Good luck, and Happy V-Day! Feel free to share your ideas on Valentine’s Day marketing in the comments below!