Email Marketing Event Calendar: 100+ April Content Ideas
Fool’s Day and Easter (that falls on April 12 in 2020) are two big occasions all marketers will be looking for in April. However, spring arrival also remains a big event to celebrate, especially for the residents of the Northern hemisphere who have been dealing with cold short days for long winter months. For them, April campaigns make a great opportunity to present with new ways of seasonal renewal, be it for home, design, lifestyle or business solutions.
A rebirth experience also resonates with April emails because April 22 is International Earth Day. Moreover, in April many countries celebrate Arbor Day, Gardening Day, or Plant a Tree Day, so it’s a perfect month to declare your sustainability policy and conservation activities (we’re sure you run some).
If none of this is applicable to your business, check the below list of April promotion ideas to choose from and plan ahead your future emails. And once you’re ready with the concept, bring it to life with our free ready-to-use templates and surprise your customers with fun and creative messages.
Day Holidays and Events to Look for in April 2020
April Fools' Day;
International Fun at Work Day;
International Tatting Day;
Arbor Day (Tanzania);
Civil Service Day (Thailand).
International Children's Book Day;
World Autism Awareness Day;
Thai Heritage Conservation Day (Thailand);
National Burrito Day (US).
World Party Day;
National Chocolate Mousse Day (US).
International Pillow Fight Day;
Children's Day (Hong Kong, Taiwan);
Hug a Newsman Day (US).
Sikmogil (South Korea);
National Maritime Day (India);
Gold Star Wives Day (US);
National Dandelion Day (US).
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace;
National Fisherman Day (Indonesia);
New Beer's Eve (US);
Tartan Day (US and Canada).
World Health Day;
Motherhood and Beauty Day (Armenia);
Women's Day (Mozambique);
National Beer Day (US).
International Romani Day;
Hana Matsuri (Flower Festival) (Japan);
Zoo Lovers Day (US).
Day of the Finnish Language (Finland);
Winston Churchill Day;
National Unicorn Day (US).
World Marbles Day;
National Farm Animals Day (US).
300+ free templates for your April campaigns
International Louie Louie Day;
World Parkinson's Day;
National Cheese Fondue Day (US).
International Day for Street Children;
Children's Day (Bolivia).
Asian New Year (South and Southeast Asia);
International Creativity and Innovation Day;
Teacher's Day (Ecuador);
Jefferson's Birthday (US);
National Peach Cobbler Day (US).
Pan American Day;
Day of the Georgian language (Georgia);
Takayama Spring Festival (Japan);
Youth Day (Angola);
National Gardening Day (US).
Universal Day of Culture;
World Art Day;
Jackie Robinson Day;
One Boston Day (US).
World Voice Day;
National Eggs Benedict Day (US);
National Orchid Day (US).
Women's Day (Gabon);
International Bat Appreciation Day;
National Haiku Poetry Day (US).
International Day For Monuments and Sites;
Customer Appreciation Day;
Friend's Day (Brazil);
Invention Day (Japan).
Dutch-American Friendship Day;
National Amaretto Day (US).
Chinese Language Day;
International Cli-Fi Day;
National Cheddar Fries Day (US).
National Tea Day (United Kingdom);
National Tree Planting Day (Kenya);
Book Day (Vietnam);
National Kindergarten Day (US).
World Book Day;
English Language Day;
Navy Day (China);
St. George's Day (England);
National Cherry Cheesecake Day (US).
World Day for Laboratory Animals;
Fashion Revolution Day.
Red Hat Society Day;
Arbor Day (Germany);
National Mani-Pedi Day (US);
National Plumbers Day (US).
World Intellectual Property Day;
Hug a Friend Day (US).
Morse Code Day;
Woody Woodpecker Day;
King's Day (Netherlands).
Ed Balls Day;
Lawyers' Day (India);
Sardinia Day (Sardinia).
International Dance Day;
Shōwa Day (Japan).
International Jazz Day;
Children's Day (Mexico);
Teachers' Day (Paraguay);
Honesty Day (US);
National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day (US).
Hope you’ve found some of the above has helped steer your imagination on the right course. And for your open rates to bloom this April, we’ve also put together a list of April email subject lines to freshen up your arsenal.
Email Subject Lines for April Marketing
- The BIG April Getaway – unbeatable savings! (Cruise Nation);
- TITLE Nationals: The Place To Be This April (TITLE MMA);
- Discover somewhere special this Easter (Rural Retreats);
- Our Most Popular Surf Packages for April (Surf Holidays);
- Let us whisk you away to picture-perfect Sirmione this spring! (GreatRailJourneys);
- Where to head for the heat in April (Flexicover Insurance);
- 🐰Easter in Wales, daffodils and egg hunts!🐰 (Quality Cottages);
- The Oily Rag – April Edition (Deus Ex Machina);
- Ends Midnight: April Kitchen + Bath Event (YLiving);
- April Showers | Shop Rainwear (Mackage);
- April showers bring… (Elizabeth Arden);
- 😍 April has been full of announcements, but this is THE (SexyModest Boutique);
- Give a fashion-forward farewell to April with 25% off (A Pea in the Pod);
- 🌂Customer Favorites for April 🐞 (Keepsake Quilting);
- Adios April 👋 May's Almost Here So Check Out What Snacks Are Coming (LOVE WITH FOOD);
- 😁 April's over already!? Here's a 10% discount to end the month (Ashley Homestore);
- April's A-list (Silpada);
- April Vip Day! Start From 60% Off (CUPSHE);
- April Showers Bring...Floral Bags (State Bags);
- April’s FINAL Blowout. Breeze right in. (Rue La La);
- Limited Offer In April Has Been Released! Hurry Now! ⏰(Auxbeam);
- ☔April Clearance, 20%off is ready for you…☔️(SOUFEEL);
- Yay—our April catalog is here!! (Modcloth);
- The April showers solution (East Dane);
- LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR APRIL BOX! 💖 (Bellabox);
- Thanks Earth, you rock! (ThinkGeek);
- Your April Agenda (and what to wear) is here! (Talulah);
- 😎 April's Cool Get an Extra 10% OFF On Nearly Everything!! 😎 (HobbyTron);
- Celebrate Earth Month with the Plant the 10 Trees Campaign 🌱🌳🌳(IFLS Store);
- 4 must-haves in your house this April! (Photobook);
- Seek out adventure in our April arrivals (Roots).
For more holiday-specific April email subject lines and inspiration check out 45+ Subject Lines to Inspire Your April Fool's Day Email Marketing and 100+ Great Easter Email Marketing Subject Lines.
Fast, easy and affordable email marketing
7 Creative April Email Marketing Ideas
Now let’s take a look at how you can spruce up the inside of your messages. The advice here would be simple to follow – use bright colors, add spring-related elements, and put seasonal items on display.
1. Promote seasonal essentials.
Camping, gardening, trekking, BBQ, etc. – there is a number of activities associated with spring. If you produce any products or services applicable for such activities, put them upfront or run a separate campaign with a focus on them only.
2. Add floral imagery.
Nothing sets the spring mood better than an elegant bouquet of flowers. If your service hardly resonates with any floristic patterns, consider using at least one element (petal, blooming branch, leaf, etc.) to give your campaigns a bit of springtime vibes.
3. Give useful tips.
Gardening advice, styling sessions, spring skin care routine, sun protection, renewal design – explain the subscribers how to use your product this month with maximum effect.
4. Solve the problem.
Wind, rain, and mud are among the main threats to outside activities in spring. Outline those advantages of your product that help handle the situation – for example, keep feet dry or hairstyle wind-proof.
5. Set the time limit.
To speed up the decision-making process, create a countdown timer or offer a limited edition collection. Most often, the fear of missing out prompts people to set their minds faster.
6. Launch April showers.
“April showers bring May flowers” refers to email marketing as well. April showers is a term used as a referral to winter clothing and clearance, hot spring deals, and springtime sales. Offering good April discounts? Make sure your audience knows about it.
7. Show what’s trending.
Call it whatever you want – April bulletin, A-list, Best of April, April top deals, etc. The main ideas of such campaigns are to underline your brand’s current trends and top offers.
Seasonal emails are a great opportunity to get in touch with the subscribers and welcome the new month with bright and catchy campaigns. A smart subject line, custom images, and lucrative deals would let the brand's personality shine with new colors provided you start planning ahead straight away. And be sure, April showers will bring result flowers.